Location: Philladelphia, PA
A Philadelphia-based organization is at the early stage of creating an overall strategy for an animal welfare program, initially focusing on public education, advocacy and shelter work. They are seeking an experienced professional to develop and manage a portfolio of grants, consultant relationships, and policy and legislative campaigns.
- Develop a strategy of grants and partnerships with animal protection groups.
- Identify other areas of programmatic focus.
- Work closely with local, state and national regulators to impact public policy and regulations that promote a more humane community.
- Collect data and create reliable materials to be distributed to and used by advocates.
- Craft and design campaign messages.
- Seek opportunities, formal and informal, to work with other funders who pursue similar goals.
- Provide quality underwriting of potential grantees in order to secure the best possibilities for long-term success.
- Provide public representation in forums related to animal welfare.
- Stay current on key issues in the relevant subject areas.
- Hire relevant consultants to assist with the initiative and manage those contracts as appropriate.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in areas related to animal welfare and an advanced degree that demonstrates analytical capacity.
- Background in animal welfare or a closely related field is required.
- Must fit into the start-up culture and possess the highest professional and ethical standards.
- Experience with the principals of developing strategy including the capacity to establish outcomes.
- Strong analytical skills including familiarity with program design and budgeting.
- Proven track record of having managed staff and consultant relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Domain expertise in one or more areas related to animal protection.