Location: Colmar, PA
HealthSpark Foundation is a private, independent foundation providing support to health and human service safety net organizations serving the unmet needs of people experiencing poverty in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The foundation has embarked on a new, ten-year safety net resiliency initiative engaging consumers, providers, governmental and philanthropic leaders to identify investments that will enhance the long-term viability of the safety net system.
The Business Administration Manager will be charged with managing the day-to-day operations of HealthSpark Foundation and its subsidiary, 2506 LLC. This individual will ensure smooth operation of building and property, and will efficiently manage customer service, as well as relationships with tenants, grantees and visitors, and oversee grantee and tenant communications. The ideal candidate must bring strong business and communications skills, and the ability to function in a highly collaborative culture at an institution that aspires to the highest of standards. The Business Administration Manager will work closely with the CEO and Senior Program Officer and will report to Vice President of Administration.
- Facilities Management
- Coordinate and proactively oversee facilities including but not limited to building management, preventative and unplanned building maintenance, building security, all building equipment and systems, such as HVAC, Automatic Door, Security, Electric, Lighting, AV, Fire, Elevator, AEDs, Irrigation Systems and Room Scheduling Software.
- Manage relationships with grantees, customers, tenants and vendors.
- Administrative and Event Management
- Serve as office receptionist, as well as the first point of contact for tenant requests, applicants, grantees and public inquires
- Provide administrative support to the CEO, Vice President and Senior Program Officer
- Manage logistical and administrative aspects of meetings (registrations, name badges, tent cards, special dietary needs, set-up/breakdown, etc.)
- Create and manage Survey Monkey and event registration tools
- Research and coordinate event contracting and logistics with outside meeting venues
- Other duties as assigned, including routine office operations (organize and order of office, meeting and building supplies) and project coordination and support
- Code and process vendor and grant payments assigning approver(s) and process payments through third party payment system
- Create purchase orders and obtain approvals for proposals/contracts
- Set-up vendors in QuickBooks
- Create expense reports for staff
- Manage credit accounts with established vendors
- Prepare Form 1099s
- Grantmaking Support
- Manage grant inquiries explaining funding cycles and priorities
- Review grant applications for completeness, manage grants database, generate reports, help to analyze data and trends, etc.
- Prepare and assist in drafting, formatting and posting website content, including but not limited to adding and formatting hyperlinks, creating Home Page slides, posting public documents (Form 990, audit, etc.), photos and videos associated with content, etc.
- Repair broken website links
- Review website analytics and identify options to enhance public’s use of website
- Regularly review website content and offer suggestions to keep information fresh and relevant
- Manage and train internal staff, board members, volunteers to use the website and secure board portal
- Coordinate and launch Twitter campaigns
- Manage Foundation’s LinkedIn account
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is required
- Minimum four years of prior administrative and management experience in a professional office setting
- Knowledge of nonprofit or private foundation experience a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite applications (Office 365, Word, Excel. Power Point)
- Basic bookkeeping skills desirable
- Familiarity with QuickBooks, Foundant (grants management), ProWatch (security), MPulse (building maintenance) and Website content management (Drupal) a plus
- Familiarity with database management, customer relations management software a plus
- Results-oriented/accountable/proactive leadership skills – ability to lead by example
- Proactive problem solver
- Must assume a sense of “ownership” of his/her project, be responsive, have good follow-through, and move quickly and decisively using sound judgment
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize workload, and to take projects through to conclusion under deadline
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Willingness and ability to work evenings and attend meetings outside normal business hours